Expert Registration FAQs
- Do I have to use my LinkedIn profile to register?
- I don't have a LinkedIn profile. What do I do?
- Where do I find my LinkedIn public profile URL?
- Why do I need to use my true identity?
- My request to join Whinot was denied. Why is that?
- Can I reapply later?
Do I have to use my LinkedIn profile to register?
Yes. All experts must use their LinkedIn profile to register with Whinot. The system was designed that way on purpose to make it easy for experts to register and sign in, provide easy access to this information for our clients, and confirm your true identity.
I don't have a LinkedIn profile. What do I do?
Setup a LinkedIn profile and start building your career history. It will be helpful in the long-run.
Where do I find my LinkedIn public profile URL?
Login to your LinkedIn account, click "Profile" (in the top navigation), then "View Profile" (in the drop down). Your Public Profile is at the bottom of the grey box which has your picture, name, tagline, title, etc.
Why do I need to use my true identity?
Using your true identity should enhance your reputation as an expert and it builds trust with our clients.
My request to join Whinot was denied. Why is that?
We don’t provide specific reasons why each individual request was denied, but the most common reasons are:
- Supply and demand are out of synch. In other words, your expertise is in an area that we have too many other experts or too few client issues and projects.
- Expertise not up to snuff. We pride ourselves on the quality of the experts in our community. Quality of expertise is very subjective, but is generally measured in a combination of type of experience, years of experience, results from efforts, and education.
- Profile is incomplete. We can’t make a judge of quality if your LinkedIn profile is incomplete. This is our single source for information.
Can I reapply later?
Yes. Please make sure your LinkedIn profile is complete and up to date when you do.