- How long do projects typically last?
- Does Whinot collect payment from the client?
- Besides collecting payments, does Whinot provide any other services on paid projects?
- How much is paid up front vs. installment payments from the client?
- Is there a limited number of experts in my field to target a specific customer?
- Can experts communicate with clients who are asking about the issues on the site?
- Is the project pricing already fixed?
- When is the client’s contact info disclosed to experts?
How long do projects typically last?
Typically one to three months (part-time)
Does Whinot collect payment from the client?
Yes, Whinot takes care of all collections from the client using an escrow-like service. For clients, this means that you’re money isn’t released unless you are satisfied. For experts, this means you are guaranteed payment for a job well done.
Besides collecting payments, does Whinot provide any other services on paid projects?
Yes, Whinot also provides simple and fair service contracts, and 1099 tax forms for applicable projects in the United States. We are exploring partnerships to provide additional admin services like group health insurance but that is a ways off and will depend on what our expert community desires most. If you have other ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much is paid up front vs. installment payments from the client?
Since the projects are short in duration and Whinot coordinates all payment transactions, the general plan is to pay at the end of the project. We can adjust this policy on a project by project basis, as necessary.
Is there a limited number of experts in my field to target a specific customer?
Not explicitly. But we will monitor and try to control supply and demand.
Can experts communicate with clients who are asking about the issues on the site?
When a client presents an issue and an expert gives advice, they have the ability to send a private message and connect with the client to better understand their real issues and see how they can help. Experts can also send a private message to a client when applying to a project. Once hired to a project, the project manager and client will be in close communication for the duration of the project.
Is the project pricing already fixed?
The price you see next to an open project is a guideline, but not final.
Here’s how it works: At the beginning of the project, the client indicates a minimum amount they are willing to pay and in return they receive an estimated number of hours they can expect for that amount. The Whinot advisor assigned to the project will make sure they scope generally matches the price of the project. Ultimately though, it’s up to the project manager to negotiate the right price based on their experience.
When is the client’s contact info disclosed to experts?
There are three points where experts can contact clients:
- After providing advice on the client’s issue
- When applying to a client’s project
- Project managers will be in close communication with the client throughout the project.